Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to a series of coordinated steps that increase the chance of your website apearing in search engine results. When your website is listed on a search engine result page for terms/keywords that are important to your organization, it increases the amount of traffic and leads that are produced from your website. In general, the higher your website ranks in a search engine result, the more traffic your webpage will recieve. SEO does not only increase the chance of your website appearing in search engine results, but also helps to improve your website ranking within the result.
SEO generally has a very high return on investment because people using search engines have high intent to purchase. That means that rather than having to convince someone that they need your service, search engine visitors have already indicated their interest by searching for keywords that match your business category. SEO typically shows up as one of the lowest cost lead sources in annual surveys of marketers.
SEO Process Overview
Good website rankings are driven by the content on your site and the links and content from other sites. With this in mind, the bullets below summarize our process for optimizing your website’s rankings:
- During the Keyword Discovery phase of the project, we work with you to determine the best keyword targets. We use your current site traffic, keyword research tools and your business strategy to determine the target keywords that your prospects are using when looking for your business.
- We then create keyword relevant articles for your targeted keywords each month. The content is developed so that one article can be used several times during the link-building phase of the project.
- Our ongoing link-building program distributes that content to one of the thousands of sites that accept user-generated content. Each of the articles links back to your site with relevant anchor text. Although the primary purpose of these submissions is links to the target site, the client may receive some referral traffic from the submissions. If desired, we can also use the content for blogging. Finally, all submissions are added to social bookmarking sites and other locations to improve the indexing of the content by search engines.
- Any confirmed links are included in our linking rotation so that some new articles may link to other articles or social bookmarks. The process increases the value of the links into your site.
- All of our activities are available for client review through our SEO dashboard. In addition to the actions, we track rankings on a daily basis for each targeted keyword.