This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of Human Resources at a growing company. The Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we hire the best possible talent by delivering all facets of recruiting success to MVP Network Consulting. The recruiter will collaborate with department managers on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs. The recruiter will also be able to attract candidates using various sources including social media networks and employee referrals. Ultimately, the responsibilities of the Recruiter are to ensure our company attracts, hires and retains the best employees while growing a strong talent pipeline.
- In conjunction with input from the Leadership Team, design and implement overall recruiting strategy.
- Develop a recruiting plan, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Update job descriptions and job specifications
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
- Prepare and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/colleges etc
- Source and attract candidates by using databases, social media etc
- Screen candidates' resumes and job applications
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented reports to the Leadership team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Utilize the Internet for recruitment.
- Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
- Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
- Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with recruiting, technical recruiting a plus.
- Hands-on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
- Ability to administer and analyze various candidate assessment tools (work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc)
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits, and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- One to two years of human resources experience required; one to two years of human resources recruiting experience preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.