MVP Network Consulting is seeking a proven Network Technician in the Hudson Valley. This is a full-time (W-2) salary position based on a 40-hour work week.
The right candidate will work closely with our customers and is the face of MVP for our growing customer base in the Hudson Valley and an important part of our remote support team. They combine excellent customer service skills with strong Microsoft troubleshooting skills to deliver superior customer service and support. They provide timely and accurate support for clients in person, via phone, e-mail, and remote connection. They have great communication skills over a variety of media. They have a thorough understanding of PC troubleshooting and support, as well as knowledge of firewalls, computers, and printers.
The bulk of this work will take place in Poughkeepsie, but an initial six-week training period and bi-annual weekly visits will be required at our headquarters in Buffalo, NY.
This is a great opportunity to join an established and fast-growing information technology firm that offers a full range of technology services.
Responsibilities and Duties Technician will:
- Provide on-site support for all desktops, servers, and networking equipment
- Provide remote help-desk support using MVP's RMM access
- Install new equipment on-site using MVP’s SOPs and best business practices
- Make recommendations to account managers on hardware/software for upgrades or replacements as needed
- Use our ConnectWise system for ticketing, and Kaseya for RMM access.
- Travel locally and provide their own vehicle, with mileage reimbursement. Some travel to NYC and surrounding areas may be required.
- Typical work hours 7:30 – 4, weekends/after-hours work may be required as dictated by client needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Live locally in the Hudson Valley
- Expertise in Microsoft products, including Windows, Windows Server, and Office
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS
- Understanding of networking concepts, including LAN/WAN topology, cabling, routing, and VPNs
- Thorough knowledge of troubleshooting computers, networks, and printers
- Experience supporting SonicWALL and Cisco routers, firewalls, wireless products
- Experience supporting HP switches and access points
- VMWare experience is a plus, but not required
- Some light Cat5/6/Coax cabling may be needed for existing clients. Major wiring jobs will be quoted through the Buffalo office.
Benefits We have a competitive compensation package including, but not limited to, a 401k, employer-sponsored health and dental insurance, and paid vacation and sick time.